How Do You Keep Your iPhone and iPhone Data Safe?
- 16 Sep, 2020
Your phone is something you use every day. While essential for helping you stay in touch with friends and loved ones, it’s also your personal organizer, storing all of your details, your cards and payment information and so much more.
What would happen if your iPhone was damaged, or worse stolen? Not only that, but you’re also at risk of data theft and loss, hacking, software issues, and more that could impact both your phone and your personal information.
As a valuable and essential device, it’s important that you take care of your phone. Keeping your phone safe will help avoid costly repair bills, while making sure your personal data stays secure too.
Take a look at some of the ways you can keep your iPhone and iPhone data safe.
Photo by Paul Hanaoka on Unsplash
Protect your iPhone from everyday accidents
Cell phone accidents are a common occurrence and are usually as a result of carelessness. But as you can never predict what will happen to your phone, protection is much better (and cheaper!) than cure. Some sensible tips for protecting your phone include:
- Don’t leave your phone in places it can easily get knocked over - place away from the edge of a table.
- Don’t leave your phone next to a cup or glass - it’s a liquid hazard waiting to happen.
- Be mindful of your phone when you keep it in your pocket, it can be easy for it to fall out, or for you to sit on it if you keep it in your back pocket!
- If you know you’re clumsy, a phone holder or finger loop could help your grip.
- Don’t use your phone while driving. Dropping your phone will be the least of your worries.
- Make sure your phone is insured against damage, theft and loss.
By using a screen protector and iPhone case combination, you can help protect your phone from damage from dropping, knocks and other types of accidents. Some cell phone cases and covers also provide protection against water damage, helping to keep your phone safe even if you drop it in the bath, the pool, or the toilet (it happens!).
It’s never worth taking a risk with your phone, so always make sure you’ve got the right protection to help put your mind at ease whenever you use your phone.
Preserve your battery health
iPhones tend to have a great battery life, but the effectiveness of a charge gets weaker over time. You might not know it, but some of your current habits could be causing your iPhone battery health to decrease quicker than it should. To help preserve your iPhone battery health, you can:
- Enable your iPhone’s optimized battery charge setting, which stops your phone from being on charge longer than needed.
- Bring the brightness of your phone down.
- Keep your iPhone cool - heat can affect the battery and reduce its performance.
- Set your phone to auto-lock after a short period to stop your phone being in constant use.
- Try to use WiFi instead of cellular data, it uses less power.
The great thing about iPhones is they now tell you the health of your battery, so you can keep a close eye on it and seek out a repair if necessary.
Photo by Drew Coffman on Unsplash
Keep your iPhone data safe
The most recent iPhones, like the iPhone 11 and iPhone X, are designed to feature the latest iPhone security. But as you can never be too careful, make sure you keep your iPhone data safe by making the most of your iPhones pass-code features and facial recognition. Make your pass-code something that’s hard to guess and keep it separate to your pin code for your credit cards. Some other key steps to take to keep your iPhone data safe include:
- Make sure you have Find My iPhone enabled so that you can trace your phone, lock and erase it in a hurry if it’s lost or stolen.
- Backup your phone regularly via iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox or through your data cable to make sure you don’t lose any important data.
- Avoid suspicious websites and be careful where you shop online.
- You can download antivirus and anti-malware software for your phone to provide extra protection.
- Make sure you stay up to date with the latest Apple updates so that your phone is protected from the latest threats.
iPhone maintenance and repairs can be expensive, but by taking steps to protect your phone, you can prevent common accidents and make sure your iPhone data stays safe and secure. Take a look at our range of iPhone accessories to kit out your phone with everything you need to keep it safe.